Amphibious Powersports currently has an opening for an intern looking to gain insight to real world application of mechanical engineering.
Alongside our vehicle servicing department we design and manufacture powersports vehicle parts in house. You will be exposed to CAD modelling, 3D Printing, Precision Machining, and CNC Manufacturing.
In the service side of the house you will work alongside professional mechanics with years of experience, to gain insight from a ground level perspective.
This internship may be paid or unpaid depending on your experience.
- Experience In a Technical Position
- Understanding of Internal Combustion Engines
- Understanding of Motorcycle/ATV Components (IE Steering, Suspension, etc..)
- Understanding of Electrical Circuits
- Understanding of Computer Systems
- Experience in Engine Assembly
- Understanding of Chemical Reactions and Molecular Structures
- General knowledge of electronic equipment, PLC and HMI programming.
- Technical Certificate or Degree
- Work Alongside Mechanics and assist with mechanical service and custom build work.
- Make modifications to existing designs to and create custom solutions for customer needs.
- Produce a mechanical model, drawings, and bill of material package for production to build.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Design for Manufacturability. Balance the quality and longevity of a design choice against the cost and time to make and/or purchase.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Use CAD software to draft new or update existing designs
- Design for manufacturing (Machining, Fabrication, and Assembly)